Student Travel Grant
With generous support from ACM SIGOPS, APSys2019 will offer travel grants for students to attend the conference and defray their traveling cost. The size and number of these grants will vary depending on funding availability, the number of student applicants, geographical locations, and their respective priority. We especially encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and all other groups underrepresented in at APSys, who will be given additional consideration in the scholarship evaluation process. Please note that expenses will be reimbursed after the conference, and that grant recipients will be asked to submit original receipts to verify their expenditures.
To apply for a travel grant:
Applicants must send an email to the Student Travel Grant Chair at
firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline, with the following details:
- (Subject): Use the following for email subject “APSys 2019 Travel Grant Application <Your-Given-Name, Your-Family-Name>” (e.g., APSys 2019 Travel Grant Application <TOM, CRUISE>). It is required to “cc” your advisor to make sure he/she knows you are applying for the travel grant.
- (Body): Please provide the following details in the email:
- ACM Member # (if applicable):
- Current academic status (e.g.: 1st year Ph.D. student):
- Advisor’s name and email:
- Role at APSys 2019 (paper/poster presenter/co-author or attendee):
- Optional information:
- Parents with child under age one
- Any other remarks:
- (Attachment): Your current resume (as a text or pdf file).
- Students are required to register for the workshop to avail reimbursements via the travel grant.
- Please save all the original receipts. You will need them for claims.
Important Dates for Student Travel Grant
- Application deadline: August 1, 2019
- Notification of grant decisions: August 5, 2019